Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow White and the Seven Drafts

The movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in the 1937 of Walt Disney not only is the first animated movie but also reflects the influence of the Art and Crafts movement. In the video, I notice that in the first half of the processing of the movie, story lines, drawings, director, music composers are men who get to do the thinking. Meanwhile, the women can do the aesthetic and detailed job, which is coloring the drawing and copy to the film. the role of a woman has changed during the Art and Crafts Movement.

When I was young, I was fascinated with the name of the seven dwarfs. Before watching the animation Snow White and the Seven Drafts, I had known about the story but did not know the drafts have names. In the story that I listen to, it just mentioned the dwarfs as a dwarf or numbered dwarf. when I know the name of the seven dwarf, the story was more interesting to me, and I pay more attention to the dwarf to scrutinize their actions which indicated by their names.

 source: http://monkeyfilter.com/link.php/17056

No comments:

Post a Comment